- 21 – 55% of Asian feamales within the U.S. report experiencing intimate and/or that is physical violence in their life time, considering a compilation of disagregated types of Asian ethnicities in regional communities. Facts & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander females reported experiencing rape, assault, and/or stalking by the intimate partner inside their lifetime in a nationwide study, in comparison with 48% of United states Indians or Alaska indigenous women, 45% of Ebony females, 34% of Hispanic females, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence study on partner punishment in six Asian United states ethnic teams in the united states. Global Personal Perform. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a period that is six-year 160 situations in Asian families resulted in 226 fatalities, of which 72% had been adult homicide victims, 10% had been child homicide victims, and 18% had been committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been intimate partners (current, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 had been females and 14 had been guys.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators had been guys, 14% had been ladies, 3% unknown.
- Young ones were the 2nd group that is largest of victims, therefore the moms and dads of spouses and girlfriends had been the 3rd biggest team. Shattered Everyday Lives (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical violence: an assessment of four communities that are asian. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Sexual Physical Physical Violence
- Of API ladies, 23% experienced some form of contact intimate physical violence, 10% experienced finished or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact undesired intimate experiences in their life time. Continue reading